[lustre-discuss] Lustre-Manual on lfsck - non-existing entries?

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Tue Oct 31 12:12:32 PDT 2023

Hi all,

after starting an `lctl lfsck_start -A  -C -o` and the oi_scrub having completed, I would check the layout scan as described in the Lustre manual,
"36.4.3.3. LFSCK status of layout via procfs", by

 > lctl get_param -n mdd.FSNAME-MDT_target.lfsck_layout

Doesn't work, and inspection of 'ls /sys/fs/lustre/mdd/FSNAME-MDT0000/' shows:
 > lfsck_async_windows
 > lfsck_speed_limit

as the only entries showing the string "lfsck".

 > lctl lfsck_query -M FSNAME-MDT0000 -t layout

does show some info, although it is not what the manual describes as output of the `lctl get_param` command.

Issue with the manual or issue with our Lustre?

Regards
Thomas