[lustre-discuss] Long failover time problem during Lnet bonding

김성환 shkim3220 at gluesys.com
Fri Sep 1 03:28:22 PDT 2023

Hi, all.

Currently, I have some problem with Lnet bonding configuration.

First of all, my server configuration is as below :

1 server and 1 client

Lustre version - 2.15.3.

MGT, 1 MDT and 1 OST have on same server.

Bonding with 2 Infiniband interfaces ( ib0, ib1 ).

Client also configure bonding with Infiniband.

And, my problem scenario is as below :

Under those configurations, I mounted lustre on client and run benchmarks.

Then, I plugged out ib0 cable from the server.

After that, client I/O was pending 20~40 seconds.

I think that It takes too long.

So, does anyone who has same experience with same configurations?

I wondering that It usually takes that time.

If it's not normal, what's the problem?

Best regards,

Sunghwan