[lustre-discuss] EL9

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Mon Sep 18 12:58:41 PDT 2023

Lana

The good news is that RHEL 9.2 server support is in place on master and all changes are built and tested with RHEL 9.2 servers and so it is possible to use this for non-production use today.

Less good news is that Lustre 2.16 is still not GA - it's been delayed while the final remaining IPv6 patches are merged.

Progress has been made on that front but at the time of writing there are still ten patches left to merge and the development/reviews are split between four different organizations so it is quite challenging to estimate how long it will take to complete.

This is a standing topic at LWG meetings and we will update the wiki page when we have a better idea on the revised timeline.

Regards

Peter

On 9/18/23, 9:02 AM, "Lana Deere" <lana.deere at gmail.com <mailto:lana.deere at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Thu, May 4, 2023 at 12:46 AM Peter Jones <pjones at whamcloud.com <mailto:pjones at whamcloud.com>> wrote:
> Yes. We will officially support RHEL9.x servers in Lustre 2.16.

Is there a release date for the 2.16 release? The Lustre Wiki says it
would be available 8/31, but I don't see it on the download page.

.. Lana (lana.deere at gmail.com <mailto:lana.deere at gmail.com>)