[lustre-discuss] Could not read from remote repository

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Tue Apr 9 14:26:06 PDT 2024

On Apr 9, 2024, at 04:16, Jannek Squar via lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org<mailto:lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>> wrote:

Hey,

I tried to clone the source code via `git clone git://git.whamcloud.com/fs/lustre-release.git` but got an error:

"""

and the repository exists.
"""

Is there something going on with the repository or is the error probably on my side?

The above command worked for me on a login with no SSH key configured:

$ ssh-add -l
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
$ git clone git://git.whamcloud.com/fs/lustre-release.git
Cloning into 'lustre-release'...
remote: Counting objects: 386206, done.
Receiving objects:  26% (100414/386206), 27.02 MiB | 9.00 MiB/s ...

Do you have connectivity to git.whamcloud.com<http://git.whamcloud.com> (e.g. ping/traceroute)?

A second option is to clone from the "lustre/lustre-release" repo on GitHub, which is itself a clone of git://git.whamcloud.com/

Otherwise, you could create a Gerrit account at https://review.whamcloud.com/ and register your SSH public key there and then use:

    git clone ssh://review.whamcloud.com:29418/fs/lustre-release

which you would want to do anyway if you are planning to submit any patches.

Lustre Principal Architect
Whamcloud