[lustre-discuss] default Nodemap: ll_close_inode_openhandle errors

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Tue Apr 23 06:46:36 PDT 2024

Hi all,

as described before, I have a test cluster with the nodemap feature activated, and managed to get a bunch of clients to mount (by deactivating
selinux), while these clients are in the "default" nodemap.
I left the "default"s property `admin=0` and set `trusted=1`, and everything seemed to work.

Now I ran a compile+install benchmark on these nodes, which finished successfully everywhere and with the expected performance.

However, the client logs all show a large number of the following errors:

 > LustreError: 2967:0:(mdc_locks.c:1388:mdc_intent_getattr_async_interpret()) mdstest-MDT0000-mdc-ffff9a0bc355f000: ldlm_cli_enqueue_fini() failed:
rc = -13

 > LustreError: 53842:0:(file.c:241:ll_close_inode_openhandle()) mdstest-clilmv-ffff9a0bc355f000: inode [0x200000429:0x9d8d:0x0] mdc close failed: rc
= -13

Error code 13 is /* Permission denied */

Therefore I repeated the benchmark on one of the "Admin" nodes - the nodemap with both `admin=1` and `trusted=1` - and this client does not show these
errors.

More than coincidence?

Given that the benchmark seems to have finished successfully, I would ignore these errors. On the other hand, if inodes cannot be handled - that
sounds severe?

Regards,
Thomas