[lustre-discuss] Mixing ZFS and LDISKFS

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Fri Jan 12 16:28:38 PST 2024

All of the OSTs and MDTs are "independently managed" (have their own connection state between each client and target) so this should be possible, though I don't know of sites that are doing this.  Possibly this makes sense to put NVMe flash OSTs on ldiskfs, and HDD OSTs on ZFS, and then put them in OST pools so that they are managed separately.