[Lustre-devel] moving /proc to $MNT/.lustre

Nathan Rutman Nathan.Rutman at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 7 09:50:22 PST 2008

Peter Bojanic wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> (Copying Lustre-devel)
>
> On 2007-12-13, at 15:57 , Nathan Rutman wrote:
>

>> Peter - I filed bug 14471 and Tom is running with it, but it's kind
>> of a big UI change and so I think someone In Authority should give
>> the go-ahead.  I think andreas and I are in agreement that it makes
>> sense.  The first step should be to do a nice DLD detailing
>> potential impact on all our tools, testing, debug etc.
>>

> Are you absolutely certain about this? This is going to break a ton of
> people's scripts.

well, that's why I asked.  As I said, Andreas and I are in agreement,
and it certainly makes sense from a portability point of view, as well
as consistency with future features (snapshots, audit logs, etc.), and
the final elimination of our various /proc locking headaches.  But yes,
it would break user's scripts  - that's a 1-time thing, and I think not
too terrible.