[Lustre-devel] moving obd_fail_check to libcfs

Robert Read rread at sun.com
Mon Feb 23 00:11:12 PST 2009

I don't think libcfs currently initializes any proc entries, so it's
not clear how you will set obd_fail_loc.  In theory libcfs should just
thin library of porting primitives, and things like logging and
fail_check should be in a layer just above libcfs which could have a
management interface.    So far we've just put some extra low-level
functionality into libcfs, but at some point it should be refactored.
I think when we need to add initialization code and an interface is
that point.

robert