[Lustre-devel] bz-18539 and osc_statfs_interpret

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Mon May 25 15:48:15 PDT 2009

On May 22, 2009  18:21 +0100, James Simmons wrote:
> Form bugzilla the approach recommended to set the oscc_flag was to use
> the MDS-side code in osc_statfs_interpret(). First question is why this
> approach instead of defining a new osc_import_event. On the OST we will
> be setting the state with something like:
>
> /proc/fs/lustre/obdfilter/*/degraded_raid
>
> So the flow will be from the OST to the OSC. Just curious why it is not
> done this way.

The reason osc_import_event can't be used is that this is only a local
event notification.  The "degraded_raid" state will be set on the OSS
node, while the osc_import_event can only be called on the client node
(in this case the MDS).

> 	The second question deals with setting the oscc_flag from
> osc_statfs_interpret. After looking at the code I noticed oscc_flag is a
> field in struct osc_creator. The only place I could find osc_creator was
> in struct client_obd which I could only find in struct obd_device or
> struct osc_brw_async_args which we are not using for this.
> 	Now for struct osc_async_args which is passed into
> osc_statfs_interpret just contains a pointer to struct obd_info. Looking
> at the components for struct obd_info I don't see a easy way to get the
> proper obd_device to get the client_obd I need. What am I missing?

You can get the struct obd_device pointer for the OBD in question via
req->rq_export->exp_obd and get the proper struct osc_creator from that

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.