[Lustre-devel] ldiskfs build problem with rhel5.5

Jay Lan jay.zen.lan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 22:41:36 PST 2010

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> You shouldn't apply the ldiskfs patches to the kernel at all. They are applied to a copy if the ext3/4 sources during the Lustre build process.

Hi Andreas,

No matter if I applied ldiskfs patches to the kernel or not, the
/isr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.3.1.el5.<variant>-x86_64/fs/ext4
contains only Kconfig and Makefile. None of the .c or .h files
were there. But building ldiskfs would try to apply patches
to files in that directory which were not present.

Which rpm provides you those files in your rhel5.5
build environment?

Thanks,
Jay