[Lustre-devel] Lnet routing preferences

Ben Evans Ben.Evans at terascala.com
Tue Jul 27 11:03:38 PDT 2010

I've been poking around and experimenting with the luster internals on
my own, and ran into a question that I haven't been able to track down.

For MDS/OSS communications, where there are multiple possible paths
(Ethernet, IB, etc.) how does LNET (or Lustre) decide which interface to
send messages?

Ideally, I'd like to send server-to-server messages over a private
network and let the clients communicate over the public network.

I'm interested in finding out if there are any gains to be made from a
setup like this.

Thanks

-Ben Evans

ben at terascala.com