[Lustre-devel] Queries regarding LDLM_ENQUEUE

bzzz.tomas at gmail.com bzzz.tomas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:18:59 PDT 2010

On 10/20/10 9:11 PM, Paul Nowoczynski wrote:
> I could be wrong but my guess is that the network congestion caused by
> this communication pattern is a more serious problem. The mds should be
> able to easily service lookup rpc's since only the first few necessitate
> a read I/O from the disk.

but then the network should be able to deal with storm of
<max RPC in-flight> * <# clients> to read/write data?

or it's a specific switch being the bottleneck to specific node?

because if it isn't network, but MDS being a real bottleneck,
then proxy might be a solution like Eric said above. not sure
is this important in your case, but this would allow to use
existing apps.

of course, distribution tree for a handle may scale better.

thanks, z