[Lustre-devel] Queries regarding LDLM_ENQUEUE

Paul Nowoczynski pauln at psc.edu
Wed Oct 20 10:25:15 PDT 2010

have a look at this, it explains the type of problem networks have in
dealing with these communication patterns.
http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/Incast/

and yes, a proxy is a workable solution, and probably the most well
rounded.  The disadvantages  is that it would presumably require more
engineering to deploy.