[Lustre-devel] merges to b2_<x>

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Mon Aug 6 21:55:44 PDT 2012

Hi.

We at Cray have been looking at b2_1 landings, and one thing that I
think would be nice is if we could identify the master commit that the
b2_1 commit is based on directly from the mod header.  Unless, of
course, there is an easy way to derive this information via git.  I hope
that this isn't a stupid question, but is there?  It seems to me that
since most b2_1 commits are cherry picked that we lose that bit.  It
seems that git cherry-pick -x might be useful here.  Is that all we need?

If there isn't an easy way for git to provide the lineage, would we be
able to add an additional commit tag or just advertise a convention to
follow at http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Commit+Comments?

Thanks,
-Cory