[Lustre-devel] Some questions about Lustre test configuration

kelly.zhang at emc.com kelly.zhang at emc.com
Thu Mar 22 01:08:54 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have some questions about Lustre test configuration, would somebody help on this?  Thanks a lot.

1.       Seen from the test sets of Maloo, typically four nodes are used: "Client1, Client2, MDS1, OSS(includes 7 OSTs)".

So in a normal regression testing, we can also follow this, right?

When four nodes are used, what value do you set for the following two variables in file cfg/local.sh:

mdsfailover_HOST  and ostfailover_HOST

2.       I see that in the PDF "Lustre 2.2 Test Plan", these are some links introducing about the test configuration. Like the following one:

Regression Testing

Use auster to run automated regression tests with the following configurations.

http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/ENG/Auster .

                But we failed to access this kind of link.  Is this URL public to users outside Whamcloud?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Kelly Zhang(EMC)