[Lustre-devel] [wc-discuss] Some questions about Lustre test configuration

kelly.zhang at emc.com kelly.zhang at emc.com
Fri Mar 23 05:55:06 PDT 2012

Got it. Thank you so much, Robert.

Best Regards,
Kelly Zhang(EMC)

From: Robert Read [mailto:rread at whamcloud.com]
Sent: 2012年3月23日 1:28
To: Zhang, Kelly
Cc: wc-discuss at whamcloud.com; lustre-devel at lists.lustre.org; Tang, Haiying; Liu, Xuezhao; Peng, Tao
Subject: Re: [wc-discuss] Some questions about Lustre test configuration

Hi,

On Mar 22, 2012, at 1:08 , <kelly.zhang at emc.com<mailto:kelly.zhang at emc.com>> <kelly.zhang at emc.com<mailto:kelly.zhang at emc.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

I have some questions about Lustre test configuration, would somebody help on this?  Thanks a lot.

1.       Seen from the test sets of Maloo, typically four nodes are used: “Client1, Client2, MDS1, OSS(includes 7 OSTs)”.
So in a normal regression testing, we can also follow this, right?
When four nodes are used, what value do you set for the following two variables in file cfg/local.sh:
mdsfailover_HOST  and ostfailover_HOST

In the this configuration, I believe the failover hosts should be set to nonfailover hosts:

mdsfailover_HOST=${mds_HOST}
ostfailover_HOST=${ost_HOST}

This will allow the recovery tests to do simulated failover by ummounting and and mounting the targets on the same node to trigger Lustre recovery.

2.       I see that in the PDF “Lustre 2.2 Test Plan”, these are some links introducing about the test configuration. Like the following one:

Regression Testing
Use auster to run automated regression tests with the following configurations.
http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/ENG/Auster .

                But we failed to access this kind of link.  Is this URL public to users outside Whamcloud?

It wasn't  (oops), but I just  moved it so it it is now accessible to everyone here:

http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Auster

cheers,
robert

Thanks & Best Regards,