[lustre-devel] Why can you set concurrent_sends < peer_credits ?

Chris Horn hornc at cray.com
Wed Aug 19 09:31:04 PDT 2015

A thread on HPDD-discuss made me think about this question. AFAICT, the o2iblnd driver code will not let you have more that concurrent_sends messages in flight at the same time(in fact, we LASSERT on this fact in kiblnd_check_sends). Thus peer_credits is effectively limited by concurrent_sends anyways. What’s the reasoning behind allowing peer_credits to be larger than concurrent_sends?

Chris Horn