[lustre-devel] Why can you set concurrent_sends < peer_credits ?

Chris Horn hornc at cray.com
Wed Aug 19 11:24:41 PDT 2015

They sure look pretty related to me. In kiblnd_post_tx_locked() we return EAGAIN if ibc_nsends_posted == IBLND_CONCURRENT_SENDS. ibc_nsends_posted is incremented on every send. So it looks like you couldn’t ever send more than concurrent_sends messages to a single peer, which is exactly what peer_credits is supposed to govern, no?  What am I missing?

Chris Horn