[lustre-devel] Why can you set concurrent_sends < peer_credits ?

Alexey Lyashkov alexey.lyashkov at seagate.com
Wed Aug 19 11:58:49 PDT 2015

Chris,

In current code it's may be same. Let me finish some bugs before look to
code. But with "good" code - you should have a different cost (credits
count) for different messages. 1Mb bulk transfer should eats more credits
than simple 4kb message. So you "should" have a two limits first one for
parallel send with zero/low cost messages and second one for large messages.
But as i understand credit based flow control don't work now - i see
several situations when server have a negative number a credits, which
indicate we have sending queue more than limits and parallel sends limits
will work in that situation..

It's know bug for me but need large time to create a network model to
create a correct credits distribution.