[lustre-devel] HSM phase 2 HLD / Roadmap?

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Tue Jun 16 09:15:09 PDT 2015

On 2015/06/16, 9:28 AM, "Patrick Farrell" <paf at cray.com> wrote:

>Andreas,
>
>Could you expound on "Better integration with DNE"?  I'm not immediately
>clear on what that might mean.

I was thinking that the current DNE support is still using a single RBH
database fed by multiple ChangeLogs (one from each MDT), which doesn't
scale very well.  That said, I guess it would be possible to have a single
parallel MySQL database that scales horizontally, so the scaling would be
independent of the number of MDTs.

Maybe this one should be dropped from the list, or just be considered part
of the "optimize RBH database".

Cheers, Andreas