[lustre-devel] Proper Lustre Ubuntu/Debian support

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Sun Feb 11 14:42:14 PST 2018

Hello

    Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier about our libtool issues. The
good news is Stibor found the source of the problems. Also recently thanks
to Schroeder we now have proper server side support on Ubuntu16 systems.
We are now at the point that the final bits broken are the actual
packaging. So I'm hoping to reach out to you to help out with this to
figure out what is the proper way to support Ubuntu. Or at least point us
to the who could lend a helping hand.

Also recently greater interest in the lustre linux client has been
happening. Would people from Ubuntu be interested in kernel development
to help lustre get out of staging?