[lustre-devel] Gerrit option - build only one backend

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Wed Jan 29 09:51:06 PST 2020

You could potentially include a change in your patch series to always disable ldiskfs building, probably in config/lustre-build-ldiskfs.m4.

It would be best if that was a separate patch with a description like "osd-ldiskfs: permanently disable building" and tagged "forbuildonly" so that it cannot be landed.

Cheers, Andreas

> On Jan 29, 2020, at 07:18, Anna Fuchs <anna.fuchs at informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> I see, but are there any "build-parameters" I can set? I haven't seen anything like that in another commits.
>
> I want to prevent the osd-ldiskfs to be built since my stuff involves experimental interface changes for the backend and this build will fail at the moment.
>
> None of the tests will run if any build fails, am I right? I wanted to have first some reviews before I change everything.
>
> So either I (currently unnecessarily) adjust the ldiskfs path just for the build to pass or.. is there any or?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anna
>
>> Am 28.01.2020 um 21:36 schrieb Andreas Dilger:
>> The fstype option affects the testing, because this is "Test-Parameters:", not "Build-Parameters:". :-)
>>
>> The zfs vs. ldiskfs option mostly only affects the osd-ldiskfs and oss-zfs, and the matching mount.lustre helpers. All of the rest of the code should be independent of the backing filesystem.
>>
>> Cheers, Andreas

>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am wondering why the Gerrit option "fstype=zfs" in my commit does not influence the build process - both targets, ldiskfs and zfs are built:
>>>
>>> checking whether to build ldiskfs... yes
>>> checking whether to enable zfs... yes
>>>
>>> The option seems to affect only the following tests. Is this behavior intended?
>>> Is there any option to build and test only one backend?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Anna