[lustre-devel] LU-12759 not in 2.12

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Fri Jan 31 04:53:21 PST 2020

Ok, well, this issue is included in the 2.12.4 RC1 build that is presently undergoing release testing.

On 2020-01-07, 9:48 AM, "Mattias Claesson" <slas+lustre at pdc.kth.se> wrote:

    Hi Peter,

    Sorry for not answering earlier.

    > The short answer is because nobody has flagged it for inclusion. Do
    > you consider that there would still be value to include it now that a
    > fix for LU-12120 has landed?
    Ok. I'm not too familiar with what should go into which version stream,
    but since 2.12 is the current LTS version, and I would consider this
    (set parameters are "forgotten") a separate bug in itself, it seems
    natural to me to include it there also. The fewer patches we need to
    remember to apply when using the LTS version the better, I would say.
    And I assume there are other cases also when one would want to turn off
    'grant_shrink', even when not trying to mitigate LU-12120, since the
    feature was already (mostly) implemented :)

    Mattias
    PDC-staff