[lustre-devel] Lustre Arm stuff status and work plan

Xinliang Liu xinliang.liu at linaro.org
Sun Dec 26 23:56:00 PST 2021

Hello Oleg,
Thank you for your suggestions about Arm CI.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 at 15:43, Oleg Drokin <green at whamcloud.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
>  Thank you for your work on this.
>
> the test infra is not open source, but it is open - it’s just gerrit, so
> you can plug your own CI nodes
> to report test results for configurations that you think are well working
> (to ensure they don’t break).
>  This applies to everybody having ideas about gaps in test coverage for
> patches in review (which is
>   the most important part of the pipeline IMO - stuff that was not caught
> on this step and got committed is much
>   harder to fix - it then needs a triage for failures, a ticket and
> somebody assigned to do it and another patch)
>
>  It’ll need some work on your end to create the setup that meets the level
> of testing you feel is adequate,
>  e.g. you could do something simple using this builder
> https://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Simple_Gerrit_Builder_Howto
>
>  or you could do something really advanced like what I have with the
> janitortester that is also on github
> https://github.com/verygreen/lustretester
>
>   or I guess you can use some off the shelf CI solution that integrtes
> with gerrit.
>
>   You can also report results into Maloo DB if you don’t want to host your
> own logs infra, there’s API for that, though I see it’s not exactly public
>    but that’s probably just an omission and it should be made public
> https://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/TEI/Test+results+format
>    Let me know if that’s something you are interested in and I will try to
> provide you with this data.

Yeah, that sounds interesting. Please provide me with this data, the link

Ideally, we want enough Arm CI tests as x86_64. And these tests are running
and maintained in the Lustre official test infra like review-ldiskfs-arm we
have now.
But if it is impossible now, we will consider setting up such CI on our own.

And if we run some kind of tests externally in our end, we can see the test
result (pass or not, running log link) displayed on the gerrit patch page
as the community running tests.
We want to make our test results public to the Lustre community, so that
developers can see the test results and adjust the patch if necessary. Thus
avoiding breaking previous Arm work.
That can be made via reporting results into Maloo DB, right? Am I
understanding correctly?

We will look into the links and evaluate on setting up our own or
self-hosted test infra and see if we can make it.
Such as,
1. How many VMs resources for the test infra and test running;
2. Other requirements for the self-hosted test infra;
3. Work items to be done;
..

Thanks,
Xinliang