[lustre-devel] The Progress of Arm64 External Tester and Builder

Xinliang Liu xinliang.liu at linaro.org
Sun Apr 24 18:31:12 PDT 2022

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 at 15:24, Kevin Zhao <kevin.zhao at linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi Lustre,
>
> Xinliang and I are from Linaro, and we’ve worked on Lustre on the Arm64
> for several months. Now we’ve enabled the external Arm64 builder and test.
>
> The external arm64 CI architecture is like below:
>
> We’ve set up an external Jenkins to handle this. Currently, it is on an
> self-setup jenkins  <http://213.146.155.72:8080/>
>
> Now we have:
>
>    -
>
>    Lustre Build Job
>    <http://213.146.155.72:8080/job/project-lustre-build-release-master/>:
>    watch gerrit change and build Lustre packages, then move them to a self
>    setup Yum repo. Now due to easy test, we just run it once every to grab the
>    latest version. Will move to on-trigger after we get more machines.
>    -
>
>    Lustre test job
>    <http://213.146.155.72:8080/job/project-lustre-periodical-test/>:
>    Jenkins pipeline. Using Terraform to provision arm64 vms in an OpenStack
>    cluster. And then configure the test vms and run. Currently we just test
>    sanity test suites. Usually cost 4-5 hours for the whole jobs.
>
> TODO:
>
>    -
>
>    Test: Cover more tests suites, needs to provision more machines for
>    this.
>    -
>
>    Move to Linaro Jenkins: https://ci.linaro.org  after the test becomes
>    stable.
>    -
>
>    Build more Arm64 Release and publish for experiment use.
>

> *And 2 things below need the community’s confirmation and help*:
>
>    -
>
>    We don’t have Maloo DB account or token, so currently we can not post
>    the data to Maloo DB for the upstream developers to see the test
>    consequence.

And I tried to upload test results to Maloo DB with my own account several
times following the guide
https://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/TEI/Test+results+format.
Either with maloo_upload.sh or through the website
https://testing.whamcloud.com/import_tasks/new. But can't see any upload in
the upload queue
https://testing.whamcloud.com/import_tasks?user_id=b8340029-197d-4ce0-a8f1-40f76d3bb8c7
.