[Lustre-discuss] How to multi client test

Cliff White Cliff.White at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 2 10:50:48 PDT 2007

Kazuki Ohara wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you all.
>
> I want to use Lustre with the combination of x86_64 servers and PowerPC clients
> and noticed that it still have some bugs concerned with endian.
> So I am anxious about the stability of Lustre in the cross-endian environment
> and want to do some function tests like acceptance-small.sh or sanity.sh included
> in Lustre but not only for single client environment before performance tests.
> If you know some useful ways for such purpose, please tell me.

Iozone has been mentioned, it's a good test.
The lustre-iokit (available on our download site under Tools)
may be useful. It includes a script for running IOR (ior-survey)
and our obdfilter-survey script which will drive IO without a full
Lustre filesystem.

cliffw