[Lustre-discuss] Fwd: lustre 1.6.3 prod - client kernel panic

Balagopal Pillai pillai at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Nov 7 08:01:16 PST 2007

Hi,

       Now i remember what i did to build the bnx2 sources. Here is the
part from Lustre Manual.

"

The kernel-source and lustre-source packages are provided in case you
need to build external kernel modules or use additional network types.
They are not required to run Lustre.

Once you have your Lustre source tree you can build Lustre by running
the sequence of commands given below.

        $ cd <path to kernel tree>

        $ cp /boot/config-'uname -r' .config

        $ make oldconfig || make menuconfig