[Lustre-discuss] Failover for MGS

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Mon Nov 12 08:02:30 PST 2007

Ok, I feel really stupid. I've done this before without any problem, but I
can't seem to get it to work and I can't find my notes from the last time I
did it. We have separate MGS and MDTs. I can't seem to get our MGS to
failover correctly after reformatting it.

mkfs.lustre --mkfsoptions="-O dir_index" --reformat --mgs
--failnode=192.168.1.253 at o2ib /dev/mapper/ldiskc-part1

We are running this on Debian, using the Lustre 1.6.3 debs from svn on Lenny
with 2.6.22.12. I've tried several permutations of the mkfs.lustre command,
specifing both nodes as failover, and both nodes as MGS and pretty much
every other combination of the above. With the above command tunefs.lustre
shows that failnode and mgsnode are the failover node.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert LeBlanc
College of Life Sciences Computer Support
Brigham Young University
leblanc at byu.edu
(801)422-1882