[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.3 - where are the bug fixes?

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 12 10:14:35 PDT 2007

Hi Andreas,

First, I'd like to say that I tend to agree with Niklas' remarks in
general. I think that having stable, QA'd releases is important, but
considering that most of the Lustre audience is made of highly
technical people running large installations and needing to run their
own tests, having more frequent (not fully QA'd) releases would be a
great deal of help.

On Friday 12 October 2007 03:29:08 am Andreas Dilger wrote:
> Could you please indicate which bugs are missing?

We're also missing 13438, which is really a stopper for this release.

> The 13614 patch is actually in 1.6.3 under the original bug number
> where the patch came from (bug 13596).

Good to know. It wasn't clear since 13596 is not public, and the
discussion in 13614 didn't indicate any progress on 13596 resolution,
neither gave any confirmation that both bugs were resolved by the same
fix.

> As for 13438, I cannot explain why this didn't make it into the 1.6.3
> release, since it was definitely ready in time.

What about a 1.6.3.1 including 13438? ;)

Cheers,
--
Kilian