[Lustre-discuss] Update - ksym errors when installing modules in SLES10

Joe Georger jgeorger at ll.mit.edu
Fri Oct 12 12:56:21 PDT 2007

I've just set up a small lustre installation on mixed SLES10 32-bit and
SLES10 SP1 64-bit.  32-bit would give ksym errors upon installation of
modules rpm, while 64-bit SP1 it was only warnings.   I did a little
research on the ksym package and it seemed to me it was only needed if
you were trying to install a module compiled for a different kernel
version.  Since CFS is providing a complete set I went ahead and added
--nodeps to force the installation.  It worked.