[Lustre-discuss] lustre interoperability

Nathan Rutman Nathan.Rutman at Sun.COM
Tue Oct 30 16:15:03 PDT 2007

Yes, that will work fine.
Well, let me rephrase: there is no reason I can think of why it wouldn't
work.  But we don't generally test interoperability -- the only regular
testing we do is with 1.4.x to the latest release.  Let me also say that
we almost never change on-disk formats, so if you're upgrading your
entire cluster from 1.6.0.1 to 1.6.3 then there is in fact no
"interoperability" issue at all; it's all 1.6.3.  Indeed, it is just
updating the RPMs.  You don't have to --writeconf or anything like that.