[Lustre-discuss] OFED 1.1 and 1.2

Thomas Blum thomas.blum at megware.com
Thu Oct 18 06:58:26 PDT 2007

Hello,

at the moment I'm trying to get a system running with
2.6.16-46-0.14_lustre.1.6.2smp and OFED1.2 but experience a lot of
problems. The first is described in bugzilla 13639. To build the OFED
stack you have to do some fixes in OFED scripts or do a recompile of the
Lustre kernel with a new naming like 2.6.16.46-0.14-lustre.1.6.2smp.
After that you will be able to build the OFED packages but you also have
to recompile the lustre-modules and lustre "tools" which doesn't work
well at the moment because it seems that some modules are missing and
are not integrated into the new rpms.

Best regards

Thomas

H. N. HARAKE schrieb:
> Did anyone managed to build packages  of the OFED 1.2.X on any of
> these kernels:
> I believe that 1.1 and 1.2 should  supported as mentioned by the
> release notes.
>

> 2.6.16-27-0.9_lustre-1.6.0.1smp
> 2.6.16-46-0.14_lustre.1.6.2smp
>
> Best Regards
> H. N. Harake

Thomas Blum
HPC Engineer

Tel.:   +49 3722 528 41
Fax:    +49 3722 528 15
E-Mail: thomas.blum at megware.com

MEGWARE Computer GmbH
Vertrieb und Service
Nordstraße 19
09247 Chemnitz/Röhrsdorf
http://www.megware.com

Headquarters: MEGWARE Computer GmbH Vertrieb und Service,
Adelsbergstraße 2, 09126 Chemnitz
Board of Directors: Dr. Gerd Maudrich, Jürgen Gretzschel, Steffen
Eckerscham, Dirk Viertel
County Court: Chemnitz (Germany) HRB 584