[Lustre-discuss] OFED 1.1 and 1.2

Kit Westneat kwestneat at datadirectnet.com
Mon Oct 22 13:44:41 PDT 2007

Hi,

I had problems with missing modules errors, but the problem I had was
that the Lustre compilation process was picking up the symbol versions
of the original OFED stack, and not the new symbols. What I finally had
to do was edit /usr/src/linux/Modules.symvers and delete every line
containing the word infiniband. After that I ran configure
--with-o2ib=/usr/src/openib, and it worked fine. You can tell if you are
running into the same problem by looking at /var/log/messages. There
will be a bunch of messages saying something to the effect of version
mismatch with various functions.

I'm not sure if anyone else is running into that, but it took me forever
to figure out.

- Kit