[Lustre-discuss] Lustre on mpath devices

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Thu Oct 25 13:59:14 PDT 2007

What I've done on our multipath is to specify an alias in
/etc/multipath.conf that has the wwid of the LUN and then I give it a nice
name like ldiska, ldiskb, etc and since I was having some troubles with
_netdev and then multipath didn't settle before kpartx ran with udev, I
created an init script that makes sure kpartx creates the dev devices for
the LUNs at /dev/mapper/ldisk[ab]. Then heartbeat mounts the Lustre volumes
and we are good to go. May be clunky, but it works, the key is use multipath
to create a nice alias, then use that and not the volume label, multipath
will make sure there is a good path to the volume.

Robert