[Lustre-discuss] [Fwd: serious samba+lustre problem]

Papp Tamás tompos at martos.bme.hu
Sun Apr 6 23:21:45 PDT 2008

Does not working the mailing list or is it only me who haven't get this
email?

BTW, did disappear the files from http://downloads.lustre.org?

Thank you,

tamas

ui.: I've made one more test and if I try two mount the lustre mount
point as an nfs share, it's not possible, or if it's a subdirectory of a
nfs share, it's not possible to view the files.

-------------

Dear All,

We have a really serious problem.

This weekend we upgraded our mixed 1.6.0.1 + 1.6.4.1 cluster based on
CentOS 4.4 i386 to CentOS 5.1 x86_64.
We reformatted all drbd storages, so recreated the whole cluster and
copy back from backup.

Windows clients reached the cluster through a samba server, but now it's
just not working at all.

This is my smb.conf

# testparm
Processing section "[cluster]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
       server string = Cluster gateway (SAMBA server)
       interfaces = 192.168.0.71/24
       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
       max log size = 50
       max xmit = 262144
       deadtime = 15
       kernel change notify = No
       socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_KEEPALIVE
       load printers = No
       preferred master = No
       local master = No
       domain master = Yes
       dns proxy = No
       wins server = 192.168.0.100
       host msdfs = Yes
       hosts allow = 192.168.0.
       block size = 16384
       write cache size = 16777216

[cluster]
       path = /mnt/lustre
       valid users = user
       read only = No
       create mask = 0775
       guest ok = Yes
       map system = Yes
       oplocks = No
       level2 oplocks = No

This is on CentOS 4.4, but also I tried it on Debian 4.0 and default
config with the same results.

Symptomps:

Sometimes I don't see anything in the share, sometimes, after samba
restart, I see a directory, but only for the next refresh. If I change
the mountpoint to user:user I see this in logs, otherway nothing
usually, but not always and not always after that:

[2008/04/06 23:51:25, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(620)
'/mnt/lustre' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to
[cluster]

Lustre is now 1.6.4.3 x86_64

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,