[Lustre-discuss] serious samba+lustre problem

Cliff White Cliff.White at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 8 13:10:28 PDT 2008

Papp Tamás wrote:
> Papp Tamás wrote:
>> Symptomps:
>>
>> Sometimes I don't see anything in the share, sometimes, after samba
>> restart, I see a directory, but only for the next refresh. If I change
>> the mountpoint to user:user I see this in logs, otherway nothing
>> usually, but not always and not always after that:
>>
>> [2008/04/06 23:51:25, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(620)
>> '/mnt/lustre' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to
>> [cluster]
>>

> Well, the list is back again. Why is is down for so many and so long times?

Sigh. not to go into details, the good news part of the answer is we are
now using a different provider for this service, so we hope this will be
the last downtime. :)

> Anyway, I successfully handled my problem, just for the archives.
>
> Although selinux was disabled, it was not working. I made a new install
> and started to remove all of the packages I can.
>
> Now this is my package list (still CentOS 5.1 x86_64)

Thank you, this will help someone else.
cliffw