[Lustre-discuss] Recommended 10 GigE cards for Lustre?

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Fri Apr 4 10:57:41 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Are there NICs that are "officially" recommended for use with CFS? From what
I've read, and based on my experience with Infiniband, 10 GigE would be kind
of a waste without support for RDMA.

The cards I've looked at are a mixed bag for RDMA support, but according to
someone in another lab here, at least one card they've worked with supports
RDMA with the Open Fabrics Infininband/iSER stack.

Does anyone on the list have suggestions or first-hand experience (or even
second-hand) with Lustre and 10 GigE?

thanks in advance,
Klaus