[Lustre-discuss] Bug 15912

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Mon Aug 18 18:57:55 PDT 2008

Ignore,

After days of banging head against the wall and trying to use
tunefs.lustre  which appears to maybe suffer from the same bug.  I
found the alternative that specifying --mgsnode=  more than once was
valid.  This mixed with the wonderful --print option to mkfs.lustre
I think I have my work around.

mkfs.lustre --reformat --ost --fsname=nobackup --mgsnode=mds1 --
mgsnode=mds2 --mkfsoptions -j "-J device=/dev/md27"  /dev/md17

Thanks,
Though I am scared about behavior of tunefs.lustre if we ever needed
to re-ip the nodes. Re-formating is not really an option.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu