[Lustre-discuss] LBUG on client: Found existing inode ... in lock

Thu Aug 21 11:13:48 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 19:58 +0200, Erich Focht wrote:

> Just looking for a way to stay informed on what's going on with this bug.

Indeed.  I can understand that.

> If I file it (as non-private) maybe it will be closed as duplicate, but
> actually it would be usefull to keep it around and at least synchronize the
> status with that of the private bug.

Yes.  If you were to file it and make it public and note that you were
told it was an instance of the private bug, while we don't have any
official policies on what would happen, we could try to at least provide
some linkage between them.

> This way people can at least find out
> what's hapenning and find the non-secret error message.

Indeed.

> Duplication has the
> price of additional effort somewhere, but keeping bugs secret has drawbacks,
> too.

Agreed.

b.