[Lustre-discuss] lustre patches for e2fsprogs version 1.41.0?

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Aug 28 10:34:09 PDT 2008

On Aug 28, 2008  09:12 +0200, Patrick Winnertz wrote:
> > If you are very interested to start working on this, then you can get the
> > lustre-e2fsprogs CVS module (put it in a directory called "patches" in
> > the e2fsprogs tree) and then run "quilt push -a" to try and apply patches,
> > fixing each one as you go.

> Where is this module located? I didn't find any hint in the lustre wiki about
> this module and therefore I don't have any idea where to check out.

It _should_ be available in the same place as the lustre CVS, in a module
called "lustre-e2fsprogs" insted of the normal "lustre" module.  That said,
I'm not 100% sure because I don't use the external CVS.

Alternately, you can get the e2fsprogs-1.40.11.src.rpm.  This includes
_most_ of the patches in .../patches (except a few newer ones only in CVS)
and are already applied to the sources.  This directory can be moved over
to the e2fsprogs-1.41.x tree and applied with "quilt push -a" (which will
fail at the first one, which adds -sun1 to the e2fsprogs version ;-).

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.