[Lustre-discuss] NFS Stale Handling with Lustre on RHEL 4 U7 x86_64

anil kumar anil.k.kv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:10:59 PST 2008

Hi All,

We have noticed few issues related to patchless client being evicted & it
does not happen while we use Lustre kernel.  As an alternative we exported
Lustre filesystem using NFS but have intermittent issues with NFS with
"Input/output error" for few folders & it recovers on it own.

We are using RHEL 4 x86_64 with lustre 1.6.6;
I have exported as ; "/lin_results *(rw,no_root_squash,async)"   Note: if I
don't use no_root_squash i get consistent IO error while executing "ls"

Please let us know if any one know the workaround or fix for this.

Thanks,
Anil