[Lustre-discuss] Changing lustre network numbers...

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 13:36:54 PST 2008

Lustre InfiniBand network IP change is now working.

Solution:
I had checked the /etc/modprobe.conf file.  We are still using lnet
"o2ib" so it has not changed.
I did the tunefs.lustre commands properly on the OSTs.
I redid the tunefs.lustre command on the MGS/MDS again according to
the Lustre manual section 4.2.3.

The key part seems to be unmounting all lustre disks (OSTs and MDTs).
Running "lustre_rmmod" immediately followed by "modprobe_lustre".
Then on the OSS computers, "mount -a -t lustre"  (assuming a correct
/etc/fstab entry, of course).
Next on the MGS/MDS,  "mount -a -t lustre"
Check the recovery_stats in the /proc system.

I then had no problem mounting my lustre disks on any of my client systems.

The stopping and starting of lustre via "lustre_rmmod" seems to have
been critical.

Thank you for such a timely response with your suggestions.

megan