[Lustre-discuss] Changing lustre network numbers...

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 10:48:15 PST 2008

A clarification from my original post which I did correct but did not
explicitly say that I had corrected in my last post.

>From first post:
> [root at mds1 ~]# tunefs.lustre  --writeconf --mgsnode=ic-mds1 at o2ib /dev/md0
> checking for existing Lustre data: found CONFIGS/mountdata
> Reading CONFIGS/mountdata
>
>    Read previous values:
> Target:     crew3-MDT0000
> Index:      0
> UUID:       crew3mds_UUID
> Lustre FS:  crew3
> Mount type: ldiskfs
> Flags:      0x401
>               (MDT )
> Persistent mount opts:
> errors=remount-ro,iopen_nopriv,user_xattr,errors=remount-ro,iopen_nopriv,user_xattr
> Parameters: mgsnode=172.18.0.10 at o2ib
>

>    Permanent disk data:
> Target:     crew3-MDT0000
> Index:      0
> UUID:       crew3mds_UUID
> Lustre FS:  crew3
> Mount type: ldiskfs
> Flags:      0x501
>               (MDT writeconf )
> Persistent mount opts:
> errors=remount-ro,iopen_nopriv,user_xattr,errors=remount-ro,iopen_nopriv,user_xattr
> Parameters: mgsnode=172.18.0.10 at o2ib mgsnode=192.168.64.210 at o2ib

Do you notice here you have two mgsnode parameters now, one for the old
MGS and one for the new?  You need to use --erase-params to clear out
the old one when adding the new one.

YES.   The above statement is right.   I did have to re-run the
tunefs.lustre line using --erase-params option to remove the old, now
non-existant IP number.  Actually I re-ran the tunefs.lustre commands
on the MGS/MDS MDT partitions using the command suggested in the
lustre manual Section 4.2.2 of version 1.6.

....and do re-load/re-set lnet ("lustre_rmmod; modprobe lustre").   I
was only issuing "modprobe lustre" and that did not seem to be
sufficient.

Ciao,
megan