[Lustre-discuss] Finding the files on an OST

Craig Prescott prescott at hpc.ufl.edu
Tue Feb 5 10:46:43 PST 2008

Hi again;

So I want to list all the files that reside on our
deactivated OST.  Based upon prior answers posted to
this list, I believe I should execute:

lfs find -r --obd ufhpc-OST0008_UUID /ufhpc/scratch

where "ufhpc-OST0008_UUID" is the UUID of our deactivated
OST.  The above command tells me:

error: setup_obd_uuids: unknown obduuid: ufhpc-OST0008_UUID

and then proceeds to print out a wad of file names.  I have
a suspicion that the filenames that are being printed are
for the entire filesystem, though.  'lfs stripesize' on randomly
selected files that are printed out from the 'lfs find' above
tells me that the obdidx values are not all the same, as I would
expect if they were really from the same OST.

In addition, 'lfs getstripe' is not printing a list of OBDs in
its output for me as I would expect from the manual:

# lfs getstripe /ufhpc/scratch/taylor/Cloudy/Data/1m000.szd
OBDS:
/ufhpc/scratch/taylor/Cloudy/Data/1m000.szd
        obdidx           objid          objid            group
            18              10            0xa                0

So it looks like 'lfs find' doesn't know what the OBD UUIDs
are?  Note that 'lfs df' shows them just fine.

Did I do something wrong?  Is there a better way to get a list
of files residing on an OST?  FWIW, this is Lustre-1.6.3 plus a
few bugzilla patches, and a patched 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5 kernel on
x86_64.

Thanks in advance,
Craig