[Lustre-discuss] how to recreate an OST?

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Wed Feb 6 02:40:09 PST 2008

Hello PH.

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 18:40:34 you wrote:
> Hi ,
> I would like to know that as well , just in case :)
> P-s : what is the best way to backup a single OST for exactly the situation
> you decribed ?

I think you have seen how I got it working, but I guess this is not the way
one should do it. Probably it would be better to first deactivate this OST on
all clients and then to mount the newly created ost with the old index
(instead of brute-force deleting the client config file as I did).

For OST backup there is as far as I know a clusterfs-modified star (*).

Cheers,
Bernd

PS (*): Btw, did someone already tell Joerg his star was modified? I just
would be curious about his reaction ;)
(To understand my question you need to know about discussions with Joerg on
LKML, Debian and cd/dvd-related mailing lists).

--
Bernd Schubert
Q-Leap Networks GmbH