[Lustre-discuss] Benchmarking Lustre

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Feb 11 08:30:55 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 11:21 -0500, mayur bhosle wrote:
> hi everyone,
>
>                         I am a student at Georgia Tech university, and
> as a part of a project i need to benchmark lustre file system. I did a
> lot of searching regarding
> the possible benchmark, but i need some advice on which benchmarks
> would be more suitable... if any one can post a sugesstion that would
> be really helpful.......................

In our environment, I used iozone to benchmark our bonded gigE OSTs.

iozone -t1 -i0 -il -r4m -s2g

You can change -s2g to -s1g or -s512m to benchmark reads and writes to
different sizes of files. We tuned our system for large files since we
place the NCBI databases in /lustre and access them directly
within /lustre.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu