[Lustre-discuss] flock/lockf support

Joe Little jmlittle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 11:16:53 PST 2008

The roadmap (links to that on google fail, but found a PDF) reports
that 1.6 release marks lockf/flock support as possible/untested. I see
from the changelogs that it should be there. I have setup a lustre
filesystem for use in the CAD space for simulations. ModelSim, for
whatever reason, is failing to lock files in the its chain of
attempted lock mechanisms, and in the end tries and fails to use NFS
style locks, or so the CAD guys tell me. I'm curious if this _should_
work on 1.6, and if not, is there a relatively accessible 1.8 build
with this currently?