[Lustre-discuss] how do you mount mountconf (i.e. 1.6) lustre on your servers?

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 21 18:45:06 PST 2008

We are using a home-grown set of init scripts.  There is an "lnet" init
script to bring up the lnet networking, and a "lustre" init script to
start lustre services.

We tend to be paranoid about the possibility of double mounting a
multi-homed LUNs, so failover for us requires a sysadmin to manually
issue the command to move a LUN to the failover node.

We have a custom udev script to detect any available LUNs on a node,
identify them as normal or backup lustre devices, and name them
accordingly under /dev/lustre.

The lustre init script runs an optional journal-replay-only fsck on each
device before issuing a mount command to start the lustre service.

Chris