[Lustre-discuss] how do you mount mountconf (i.e. 1.6) lustre on your servers?

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Feb 14 14:53:55 PST 2008

On Feb 14, 2008  13:38 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> As any of you using version 1.6 of Lustre knows, Lustre servers can now
> be started simply my mounting the devices it is using.  Even
> an /etc/fstab entry can be used if you can have the mount delayed until
> the network is started.
>
> Given this change, you have also notices that we have eliminated the
> initscript for Lustre that used to exist for releases prior to 1.6.
>
> I'd like to take a small survey on how those of you using mountconf
> (1.6) are managing the mounting of your Lustre devices on the servers.
> The obvious choices are:
>
>       * /etc/fstab

My home system has no failover (only a single node), so it mounts and
also runs e2fsck at boot:

LABEL=myth-OST0000  /mnt/ost/myth-ost0  lustre  _netdev                   1 3
LABEL=myth-MDT0000  /mnt/mdt/myth-mdt0  lustre  _netdev,acl               1 3

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.