[Lustre-discuss] MGS backup/recovery

Lundgren, Andrew Andrew.Lundgren at Level3.com
Tue Feb 19 13:13:06 PST 2008

We don't have the HA hardware required for lustre failover.

I have considered using DRBD underneath the MGS file system to increase the availability, but am not sure what the performance impacts are.  The MDT/MGT are running on a single machine using RAID 6.  I feel reasonably well protected against a disk failure, but I am still concerned about a machine failure.

As I start looking at this problem, I am curious as to what others are using.

Other than using DRBD, it seems that I could run the back up nightly and transfer the data to our secondary box and load it.   Would that require stopping the MGS, can that be done in a "dirty" state?

What other options are out there?

Thanks in advance!

--
Andrew